Monday, September 30, 2013

His Name is Vito

 
My name is Vito. Another day. I sit in a cage. I lay in a cage. I wait in a cage. Here come the people. These are different people. What do they want from me. They are putting me in another cage. They are putting me in an even bigger cage and there are more of us. I am so hungry. I can feel movement beneath me. I cry.

 
What is this place? What is all this brightness in my face? I feel warm! I smell something new. I smell lots of things that are new. What is this on my feet! Yikes! It’s soft. It smells good. Where am I? Why are all these people looking at me? Double Yikes! I can walk. I can run. I can jump. You can’t catch me! I am Vito!

Hey, I think these people like me. I am so excited but I am not sure why. What is happening to me? Where is my cage? Why am I here? What are they going to do to me?
 
My name is Vito. I live in a house now. I have people that love me. They kiss me all the time. They call me by my name. They hug me. They take me for walks. They let me sleep on a nice soft place with them. They show their teeth at me (huh?). They brush my hair. I am not sure what they want but I like it here.

My name is Vito. I am waiting to go to my furever home. I know it is coming soon because my foster Mom told me so and she doesn’t lie to me ever.

My name is Vito and I am ready for my new life!

2 comments: